WELCOME TO SCHOOLS CYCLING SOUTH AFRICA (SCSA)
This website is the home of the official governing body of Schools Cycling in South Africa.
The main objectives of Schools Cycling South Africa:
- Establish cycling as an official school sport in all Primary and Secondary Schools working closely with Cycling South Africa (CSA), the Department of Education (DOE) and Sport and Recreation in South Africa (SRSA).
- Encourage, promote, develop, grow and administer cycling as official schools sport through mass participation to establish the love for cycling at grassroots level.
- Continuous training of Teachers and Parent representatives as Team Managers, Coaches and Commissaires.
- Implementation and compliance of Regulations and Policies for various cycling disciplines and effective communication to Schools.
- Recommendations of Schools Cycling recognition criteria.
- Ensure safe, fair and well organised Schools events in compliance with Safety at Sport and Recreation Events Act 2 of 2010 (SASREA).
- Development of Transformation and educational programmes.
SCSA President 2023
Frequently asked questions
Do Schools need to pay affiliation fee?
Yes, all public and independent (private schools) of different Provinces need to pay affiliation fee to become members of SCSA.
Do I need a Cycling South Africa (CSA) cycling licence to participate?
Schools Cycling South Africa (SCSA) is an associate member of Cycling South Africa.
If you are an official learner at an official South African public or independent (private) affiliated School, you automatically qualify to participate in SCSA events you are invited to and therefore do not require a CSA Licence.